Took a trip up the M5 last weekend to see.......

Now (again) one of those things I was not fully looking forward to, worried about driving that far alone (well, just me and Oliver) worried about whether the seats would be ok, blah blah blah, and I have to say, it was the best concert/event I have ever been to. The audience was mainly families, so nice atmosphere, the venue (Cardiff Indoor Arena) was not too big and very easy to get to and park, and the show was - well, it was bloody fantastic. The acts (you know the names and faces surely...) performed well and were (with the exception of that twat Wagner) note perfect. They all thanked the audience profusely for their votes and support during the X Factor competition, and for 'our' continued support. Matt Cardle (surely the nicest person in the world ever) made a special effort to point and wave at the youngsters with banners during his set, and told us we were 'far too kind' with our applause! He is so sweet. One Direction turned in a brilliant performance, and before the show I could take or leave them, but I am a convert - they were great!
Enough now, I am starting to sound like a groupie. Oh, and Oliver had a good time. In between eating all the pringles in the car and being sarcastic about me doing 4 laps too many of Cardiff city centre, that is.
Some crappy pics to follow - honestly there were people with mobile phones with a better zoom than my camera.
 |
| Lying in the sun outside the NIA, waiting to go in |
 |
| The view from our seats |
 |
| Oliver and the One Direction boys |
 |
| Harry from One Direction |
 |
| The lovely Mr Cardle |
 |
| 'When We Collide' |
 |
| The finalists performing 'We Could Be Heroes' |
I urge you to go - it truly was a great day out and worth the effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment