Saturday, 4 February 2012

It ain't over 'til it's over

The kitchen is looking mighty cool, I can tell you.  I daren't go in there to take photos as Mark is doing the walls today and is a pretty pissy mood that he is having to work over the weekend again.  I think he thinks I don't appreciate it.  I do, I really do, but he doesn't accept praise very well, and indeed is quite ungracious with it, so I have stopped trying to offer it.  Also a bit tricky because I haven't much idea about how much work actually goes into what he does, so I am reduced to saying things like 'hmmm, nice hole in the wall there', or 'good brickwork', at which point he looks at me with such disgust that I wish I hadn't spoken at all. 

We went out to pick tiles this morning, and whilst at the checkout there was a display touting the joys of underfloor heating.  I sidled up to Mark to highlight the joys of underfloor heating in case the display hadn't caught his eye, and he seemed 'interested'.  The thought of warm tiles underfoot is a jolly cosy one, and will help keep the room warmer, as it is now pretty chilly as it is bigger, and we have lost a radiator. 

Here is the colour we chose, Sweet Caramel by Dulux:


Not going to set the world alight, I grant you, but it was on offer at £10 for a big tin, and I found that terribly appealing.  The tiles we picked are very pretty, in tones of beiges, pinks and an odd bluey one - mosaic-y. 

Think this is the most boring blog post I have ever done.

Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. No I don't think so... sometimes life is like that, kind of nice beige colour but worth a mention all the same! X

    ReplyDelete