In common with all bloggers, I also follow/read/dip into a vast number of other blogs. From these I get a good laugh, inspiration and a sense of camaraderie.
But not lately.
At the time of year when I feel most in love with the world and the people in it, I find the vein of snootiness about the 'festive period' running through blogland quite deflating.
So at a time when I take the most photos, feel most inclined to spew forth on the bubbles of happiness which pervade my days, I feel wholly disinclined to share.
It is my personal opinion that the things that everybody complain about are the very things which make up the fabric of a modern Christmas. And rather than looking forward to a time when I don't feel I have to do the rushing/planning/Santa visiting/present buying/decorating/carol singing/film fests, I am dreading it. Because that will be the time that the very purpose of my Christmas frenzy, my meticulously planned and filled up December will have grown up and left home taking the sparkle of childhood Christmas with him.
Laters.

Oh dear. So sorry if anything I've written has contributed to you feeling like this. Christmas is a very controversial topic, I guess, and everyone is coming at it from many and varying perspectives. Not all of which will be shared. I enjoy reading your festive posts so please don't give up on them! And on the festive note I posted you something yesterday but no peeking until 25/12! E x
ReplyDeleteOh no, not you my dear. Your blogging remains a warm and fuzzy constant for me. And wise words too - maybe that's much of my problem - the simply not being able to appreciate the many facets of Christmas. Thank you Elizabeth. x
DeleteCompletely with you here, SIL. I love everything about Christmas, and do not look forward to the day when my four reasons for my perpetual look of vagueness disappear and no longer add to the adrenelin-fuelled frenzy as I attempt, once again, the perfect Christmas. I adore the lights, the music, the wrapping paper (either bought or hand-printed with a ton of glitter stuck to it), everything...
ReplyDeleteKim.xx
You've always knocked up a pretty good Christmas from where I'm standing. Keep it up, do.
Deletexx
Ahhh Janice. Relax and enjoy doing whatever you love. You know we'll be here waiting for your next very readable missive :-):-):-) x
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathi and all the VERY best to you and yours.
Deletexx
Christmas is so special when your children are still at home, 2 of mine will be at their own homes for the first time this year, really sad for me but I'll see them a couple of days after and I'm looking forward to that. I hope you have a wonderful time, happy christmas!
ReplyDeleteJess x
wow, Christmas will sure feel different for you this year. Here's a bit of advice I should take for myself! -
Deleteembrace the difference not weep at the change.
xx