Friday, 22 February 2013
spread the love
Kathi often blogs a post to tweak my little grey cells, (not too hard obvs because there's not a lot of give there), and a recent one bore the title of BFF.
This gives me a little shudder, as it's just so - darned Stateside, and makes me think of cutesy jewellery with twirly letters which girlies exchange when they are twelve. Anyhoo, in my (overworked) mind I have started to think of this as Blog Friends Forever - which may too seem twee, but not so eye-wateringly shuddersome. And I genuinely believe it. There is much comfort to be had from sending your thoughts, hopes and achievements out into cyber space to be read and commented on by hitherto unknown people who actually then seem to give a shit. It's nice, it's what a counseller would call 'positive stroking' and what I have felt to be a balm to all ills at times.
I am incredibly grateful to and warmed by the friendship I feel from the little circle of people who read and comment on this blog. In this day and age of trying to squeeze time out of every day to do stuff, the forming and maintaining of friendships can be a tricky one to manage. I have but a few friends who are cool with my general inability to maintain regular contact and are easy with picking up where we left off - like a good book you have to keep putting down. So to exchange kind words and encouragement with people who live nowhere near me and are strangers initially, is good for you in ways which soothe the soul.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, (yawn, sorry), I believe blog friends to be the pen pals of the 21st century, and that maintaining and extending these friendships is made possible by the ease of using the Internet. World Wide Web, I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hear,hear.. love you too and your always thought provoking, 'sometimes grating, sometimes gliding' words! ;-) and yes, Americanised but in this case it suits us okay.. x
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post, Janice! Yes - this blogging thing is indeed the equivalent of pen pals of years gone by and the possibility of connection with the like-minded just so wonderful. Thank you for always lifting my spirits by what you write. Happy Weekend! E x
ReplyDeleteVery well say Janice - your posting always make me smile and laugh. Thanks. x
ReplyDeleteHear hear! This world of Blogland has been an amazing place to find like minded souls who I'd be unlikely to ever meet in a million years in the real world. You have summed it up.xx
ReplyDelete