Thursday, 15 August 2013
Welcome home
Yesterday we arrived back from Vancouver.
I have lots to say, but today I am tired, tired, tired.
Flying long haul is nothing but vile. Travelling by coach from one dirty grim coach station to another in order to fly long haul is worse than vile.
I hate travel.
I miss Vancouver with it's big, wide streets and big, wide harbour with sea planes coming and going and cruise ships arriving and departing with loud blasts of their horns. I miss Starbucks coffee at every turn and I miss the view of tall buildings from our large hotel windows. I miss sunny skies and afternoons spent by the hotel pool and the only decisions needed are whether I go for a run or go to the gym, and whether I scoff one doughnut or two for breakfast.
And this morning it is raining.
Sigh.
But I don't miss the impersonal way of city life.
Or the homeless beggars.
I'm off to feel flat and fed up. And to the supermarket because we have no food.
The only way is up.
Laters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I so get those sentiments! I had forgotten you were going away.. my Zac is on the Star princess which docked every Friday at Victoria.. he loves it there!
ReplyDeleteFood.. fruit.. some sweets.. chill.. home now x
It's always odd coming home after being away and especially with long haul travel to contend with too but how fab to have been to Vancouver! Hope you had a fantabidosi time - sounds beautifully laid-back from what you say here! Happy Landings! E x
ReplyDelete