Tuesday, 17 December 2013

rush job

This is going to turn into a Bad Idea. 

I do not have the time to blog today.  I have my Christmas Journal sitting all over the table which is limping along badly this year.  I keep dragging Oliver to Sainsburys to print out yet more photos on their ridiculously expensive instant kiosk machine and he keeps griping for England.

I have (almost) half a crochet cushion cover competed for a lady I want to visit before Christmas.  I have glibly stated it will be done with lots of casual waves and smiles, although Mark has already snorted heavily about this one.  My Christmas crochet blanket, at 49 squares is not going to make it to 70 and bordered before Christmas, so it has been abandoned crossly as a next-year job.

I have wrapped not one present, as I have saved it all up for tonight when Mark is absent from the house so I can team the paper frenzy with lots of wine, pizza and Moonstruck, one of, if not THE all time favourite for me.  I only watch it once a year, but boy, it does NOT feel like 12 months since the last viewing.

I have not thought about The Christmas Food shop.  I have a frozen chicken and a gammon joint which is good for the next 5 years in the fridge to be going along with, a tub of biscuits for cheese disappearing at an alarming rate and No Veg.  Will revisit this later in the week.

We have just spent the weekend travelling from Cornwall to Wales for Oliver to compete in Pokémon tournaments.  It rained and rained.  In both counties.  In fact it was probably the same bloody rain following us up the M4 out of spite.  He did pretty well, 5th in the Regional in Cornwall and 2nd in the Cities in Wales.  The whole exercise was one of point-gathering for the Worlds in Washington DC next year, so hopefully it was worth it....

We had a holiday in Egypt last month - it was all very lovely indeed - snorkelling with the fishies is out of this world, despite Oliver leaping from the water on day 2 onto the jetty yelling 'Shark! There's a Shark!' in plain view of several startled holidaymakers.  I was hissing viciously for him to shut the bugger up, particularly as I was still actually in the water at the time, but he insisted he'd seen a large grey pointy nosed fish with gills.  He refused to go in after that.  I'm not kidding.  I think it was panic clouding his vision - he'd been so sure there were going to be sharks - so there were.  We now refer to it as the 'shark'.  And we do those finger symbols in the air too. 

I expect there are shed loads of other titbits, but that's your lot for now.  Some piccies:

 
View from our rather posh whirlpool on the balcony room



Off to feed the sharks my ample buttocks.


 
 First Sunday in Advent



 
 

Regionals



Cities


C'est tout.

10 comments:

  1. You do make me laugh, Janice! lovely to see your pics and read your update. I love your twigs with all those baubles - fabulous! I've sent you a little parcel - hope it's got to you in one piece (well, not in fifty anyway!) E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parcel arrived - so lovely - have emailed you.
      x

      Delete
  2. Ahhh you have been busy too! Love the bum shot.. and isn't Oliver so grown up now! Glad you got a holiday and isn't snorkelling with colourful fish just the best thing.. it could well have been a shark, but probably a reef shark which is good enough for kids.. xx Don't worry about Christmas, just enjoy it (we enjoy the panic don't we?) ..and get Mark to read this so he buys you a nice photo printer for your gift..great to read you again.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you're doing a December daily, so off to check it out now.....

      Delete
    2. Just showing one of our lads the pic of your ample buttocks.. actually your pics of Egypt! .. he says he stayed at that place for his honeymoon last year .. didn't recognise your buttocks though!

      Delete
  3. Having just discovered your blog and read through some of your posts, I think it is hilarious. I almost choked on my coffee!
    Jille xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. why thank you Jille! Sorry about the choking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Cameron would love the Pokemon tournaments - how do you find out information about them?

    I hope everything is coming together for you now and you get to relax during the festivities, too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hannah, take a look at this website: pokemon.com and go to the 'Play Pokemon' section.
    Have a brilliant Christmas.
    x

    ReplyDelete