Couple of crochet updates:
The join-as-you-go Mosaic blanket is coming along nicely at 8 squares (minimum before I can stop) per day. I spend a further 2 hours per week (usually when Oliver is otherwise occupied with lessons in something and there is no escape for me elsewhere) crocheting middles, so I never run out during a session.
I also started this:
A cowl for Oliver, which I thought was a bloody good idea, although Mark thinks is 'gay'. This use of the word gay always makes me laugh (really, it does) because it doesn't mean anything. It is a terribly abused word in this sense. One meaning of the word gay (apart from homosexual or jolly happy and carefree) is 'showy'. My cowl is not even that. But still gay, apparently. I still have not been able to establish whether it is the colour, or style which makes it qualify for the gay accessory category, but as Oliver took one look and declared it 'fine' before turning his attentions to more pressing matters (Minecraft) I shall fret no more.
At work one evening a male colleague took one look at my shoes and declared them 'so gay'.
They are peach coloured Converse.
I ask you.


Was the colleague 'gay' himself.. as for a guy to even notice shoes it is a prerequisite is it not ;-)
ReplyDeleteI have a word I use a lot , which is 'Slut' and my girls were horrified when I used it to describe the way their rooms were left .. as in 'Slutty' .. they were offended but i stood by my dictionary descrption 'first appeared in the written language in 1402, according to the Oxford English Dictionary , that great repository of language information. At that time, slut meant roughly what one sense of slattern means today: a slovenly, untidy woman or girl. It also apparently meant “kitchen maid” (”She is a cheerful slut who keeps the pots scrubbed and the fires hot.”). By the end of the 15th century the sense “a woman given to immoral or improper conduct” had come into use, and it is the only meaning in use today......oops, so I am now a 14th century linguist ... but my colleagues now use the term to refer to someone who is very keen on a subject .. as in cake-slut!!
anyways, I have too much time on my hands this morning.. obviously! K xx
blimey!
ReplyDeleteWhat an eye opener!
Wow, that blanket is wonderful! Such a riot of colour. Eight squares a day is impressive, I admire your discipline. It's going to be gorgeous when it's finished. x
ReplyDeletewhy, thank you!
ReplyDeleteI'm not terribly sure how I got here, (no disrespect, was just enjoying a bit of a blog hop!) but I just had to leave a comment. I adore your style of writing - you've had me chortling and I do enjoy a chortle!
ReplyDeleteMy 15 year old son refuses to wear anything with 'Gap' emblazoned across the front. It would appear it actually stands for Gay And Proud. Who knew?!!!
Delicious crochet and definitely bookmarking you.
Heather x