Saturday, 12 July 2014

I simply MUST tell you

that I have just cooked the Tofu dish as discussed in my last post, from Hello Fresh, and it was bloody delish.

I would not have given this recipe a second glance, much less actually cook it - not in a million.  However, having been sent the exact proportions to make the dish, it would be quite wrong not to.  So, in lieu of anything else edible in the house, I sulkily set about this little affaire.

Oh me oh my. 

I was shocked to my core at how good this tasted, and at how narrow minded I have been about trying this before.  I am a strictly white basmati girl, but the brown rice we had with this was fab, chewy and satisfying.  And Tofu.  Tofu?!  The weirdy food of sandal-wearing vegans everywhere.

Meh.

Oh my little silken tofu, we shall meet again in the yummy fields of Bok Choi. 

I am so happily surprised by my tea that I am inspired to pull out my soap box, mount it with glee and spew forth on the virtues of the nutrition and taste that has just passed my lips.

Another bright and shiny point of the day has been a spot of charity shopping.  Another hobby of mine.  Today I picked up these babies



for 10p each.

TEN PEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought one at full price a week ago for £4.25.  They are about History for Cripes sakes, they will never go out of date. 

I loves them.

H A P P Y   D A Y S .

lol.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying brown rice and tofu? Ooh, I think you're on the turn (says the vegan of 5 months).

    ReplyDelete