Friday, 23 March 2012

spooky

Yesterday I read this quote on the internet:


Woe to you! You thieves and imitators of other people's labour and talents.
Beware of laying your audacious hand on this artwork.

It was made by Albrecht Durer in 1511 on the title page of a series of woodblock prints entitled 'Life of the Virgin'.
Last night we were watching an old episode of Morse on DVD, 'Who Killed Harry Field'.  In the last scene Morse utters this very quote.  It happens at 7 minutes in,  if you can be arsed to take a look.
I can't seem to post the actual clip here, my computer 'skills' seem to be malfunctioning this morning, sorry.  I just wanted to record it for my own benefit, as it sent a chill down my spine.  Weird to come across the same 500 year old quote for the first time both within hours of each other. 

The thing I was reading on the internet was about Pinterest, and the current hoo-hah around copyright infringement.  I am not on Pinterest, although I was (p)interested in the concept.  ha ha, see what I did there?  I don't feel massively strongly about banging on about copyright, but I found the story about the fashion student interesting:  She had posted  a photo of herself on her blog and was subsequently, and understandably, a tad taken aback to pop into Tesco for a bunch of bananas only to find that the image from her blog had been taken up by Tesco and printed onto t-shirts!!  Bit cheeky and slack of Tesco I feel.  I made the bit up about the bananas.


No comments:

Post a Comment