Friday, 27 July 2012

For crying out loud....

We are mid-opening cermony on the TV.  Unbelievably (and very happily) Mark was as keen to watch it as I was.  It has been really good so far I reckon, but now the athletes are trooping in and Jaysus Mary Joseph, 'tis hugely dull.  Made more dull by the fact that it is in alphabetical traipsing order and they are only on 'B'. 

Yawn.

Oliver has given up and gone to bed with digital TV wired up for tonight so he can fall into an exhausted sleep when it all gets too much.  Oh how I envy him.

I have to stick it out as I desperately want to know who is will be lighting the flame. 

I was very moved by the rendition of 'Jerusalem' at the beginning.  sniff.

1 comment:

  1. So.. were you suitably surprised? I see William Hill is returning all bets from the last 7 years as no one could have predicted 7 people lighting the flame.
    Same at our house, Col watched under somewhat duress but we did enjoy it, as you say until the 204 countries passed by.. Col was most interested to know if they realised they played the Dam Busters and Enola Gay the first plane to drop an atom bomb... mmm xxx
    My main, if only interest is on our local heroes, a rower Ross's age and of course Tom Daley..x

    ReplyDelete