Well, I found that a bit of a let down in the end, sorry. I know that the youngsters chosen to light the Olympic cauldron were representative of encouraging youth through sport blah di blah, but I wanted more of a dramatic choice. I had built this up in my mind so much that no-one less than the Pope would have done in the end, I think. Anyhoo, the games progress in a state of steady Olympic spirit and the uncanny ability of the British to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory wherever possible.
Off of the soap box now, and into Housewife World. I wonder if that is a chain store in America? It should be. The weekend saw me a-cooking muffins - 28 in all, in my apron, humming away to radio 2. Happy days. Really, it doesn't take much to make me content. I have frozen said muffins, and every night I take a couple out to defrost for the morning. Thus I find I can enjoy that well-done-me feeling on a daily basis as I pack Mark off to work knowing he will have a home baked fresh muffin with his coffee. Like I say, it doesn't take much.
I have started a new project:
Quite simply a scarf, in the Baby Rico leftover from my lovely ripple I was doing at Christmas.
This scarf will be edged in black, I think, and nice and long to do at least two laps of my neck comfortably. A la Dr Who. Last week, on a hot but breezy day, too windy for the parasol, I set myself up in the shade around the corner, on a lounger, cup of tea to hand and carried on with this:
It was a bloody lovely way to spend an hour. Yup, it really doesn't take much....
Scrapbooking was really good on Saturday. I haven't got decent enough pics to share yet, so I will post them when I can get a good shot in a good light. Or at least a not-bad one.
I have harvested a few courgettes from the garden so far, but found (due to inexperience) that I planted too many in the bed, and had to pull a few up. Since then, they have done better and somehow I missed the big bugger there for days on end! And, joy of joys, these are my first runners of the year. These haven't done as well as previous years, and I am going to put that down to the rain. So there. We have had a snotty letter from the allotment manager about 'non-cultivation' of our plot so I have to get down there pretty sharpish and do a spot of 'cultivating'. Since some people have rusty ploughs and eight feet tall weeds on their plots, I do feel a tad singled out for criticism.
Ooh, ooh, and yesterday I bought a welsh dresser for the kitchen. Yay! I have wanted one for a while - it is the epitome (for me) of a homey kitchen, and I found it in a local charity shop. It is three door pine and is very 'homey' indeed. Next I'm getting an Aga and a matching spaniel. Text book life. Haaaaa haaaaa.
I am taking Oliver off to do MQ#3 today. Stand back, don tin helmet, adopt brace position......
Janice, you sound really contented today! Must be the crochet things and the muffins.. I never seem to think freezing is a good option, old school days of everything coming out mushy! Are you serious about the spaniel, hopefully it is just for the anaolgy of housewifelyness and the Aga, as we had one and they are gorgeous but a houseful to be sure xxx
ReplyDeleteNo, no spaniel will be darkening my door! We all remain very emotionally bruised from our Harvey experience.....
ReplyDelete