Monday, 21 January 2013

getting cable

not the TV version - this:



Real, proper knitting wot grown ups do.  I can't even begin to describe my joy at getting this far.  I have unravelled this piece six times already. 

Problem being, I cannot fix a mistake, being slightly unskilled in the knitting department, so any slip-up is an error of catastrophic proportions.  I have referred to that Bible of modern times - YouTube - but in learning to fix a dropped purl/garter stitch means you must be able to recognise them in the first place.  Which I cannot.  Ergo no fixy. 

So I plough onwards, slowly, laboriously and with sore fingers from a bad grip (my next learning curve on the YT express train of knowledge on all things) hoping that my next stitch will not be my last. 

In other news - wait! 

There is no other news.  My life has been totally dominated by knitting cable and everything else apart from the absolute necessary, such as being a Mumsy, Wifey (sort of) and going to the toilet has slipped into superfluous obscurity. 

Tune in again soon for more gripping yarns.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOhhhh, looksies at yousies!!! Way to go you knitting fiend, cable is looking good. I look forward to seeing your knitted creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how I missed your adventurous foray into serious knitting but I obviously did. I don't think you should give up - it looks GOOD! E x

    ReplyDelete