Thursday, 14 March 2013

I like me potatoes

O-KAY, moooooving on....

This is the evening family repast in four not very good photos:






I have no idea how this will turn out - I panicked at the last minute about flavour, or lack of therein,  and bunged on nutmeg, salt and pepper.  I am also dubious about the health benefits of 600ml of double cream.

I have just put it in the oven and I am blogging it now for hilarity value later when it all goes a bit tits up.  As these things do when I go off piste with my cooking.  I saw this being prepared in the background of a dinner party featured on Food & Drink, and both Oliver and I thought it looked good.  Even I recognise the potential dangers of cooking a meal only briefly seen out of focus on the telly for five seconds, but I have googled the google, and a mish mash of likely recipes led me to this point.  The spinach is my brainwave addition, and caused Oliver much a-wailing, but it will all be alright.  There, there.  Won't it?

Hmmm.

3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid all I can say to this is YUMMY! That cannot turn out badly, it simply cannot! And I too would have gone to town with nutmeg and black pepper. The spinach is inspired - as I say, YUMMY! If you tell me tomorrow it wasn't, I will not believe you! Enjoy every mouthful, cream and all! E x
    PS Did you cook the potatoes first before slicing? I ask with intent as this may well be what i am cooking tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to report joy at the table! A rarity indeed. It was good, and the spinach undetectable which was a true revelation for my complaining son.
      I didn't cook the potatoes - just sliced (very badly) into thin slices. I cooked it for an hour at 160-170 and then covered for half an hour with foil.
      good luck - bet you get less sickly results!
      x

      Delete
  2. thank you for your prompt reply Sue. I was standing at the oven ready, quite prepared to whip it out and add whatever anyone suggested - I had reached panic point......

    ReplyDelete