Still feeling pinches of deep sadness. Thank you for the kind comments on my last post - that's really nice.
Today I am going to start Christmas. I don't feel very Christmassy - largely due to feeling bloody miserable I suspect, but Oliver has his Cubs Carol Service tonight (early this year) and he has a reading to do. This is very exciting for me, being that type of proud parent, and he will also be receiving his cub silver award from the district commissioner (who?!), which he doesn't know about - so he will be extra chuffed. So, because of the inevitable singing with joyful voice tonight, and because Mark chucked down the Christmas decs from the loft at the weekend, today the tree will go up and we will have crossed the threshold of Yuletide blessings....
Even though I am two days earlier than normal, and this is waayyy ahead of the rest of my friends, romans and countrymen, Julia 'I can't be doing with Christmas' Pollard has stolen a march on me and been and gone and Started. Christmas. First. Wow. Get her mantlepiece. I am, of course, jealous. I have no mantlepiece at all. Sniff.
I can't even blog you a pic of the finished decs later, as we have a new computer following last week's minor explosion of compu-innards and Lordy knows how to cyber-transfer pics from my memory card into this baby. No doubt Mark will know, if I can persuade him to assist. He hates my bloggy love affair - he blames it for the demise of the last computer.
I have taken the plunge after years of being a bit scared of it - and taken my first steps towards joining the local WI. Oh yes - I shall be knitting macrame baskets from my knickers before you can say 'pass me the pinking shears Marjorie.... ' An update on that after Thursday.
And this morning I have 'done my roots' and I think that this particular (crap) brand has just dyed the rest of my hair the same colour as the roots, and not the other way round. Why I am even surprised at this eventuality I really don't know. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Bet I will be able to macrame a basket from knickers soon though tee hee.
No comments:
Post a Comment