Thursday, 26 January 2012

another day another dollar

Wall down day 4.  Still dust, dirt and teeth-gnashing stress every time you want anything to eat or drink, but galloping along well - nothing much exciting to look at, but big steps in such a short time.


The ceiling supports came down this morning following installation of a new supporting beam.  That tardis in the middle is my fridge freezer btw. 

This is the sort of view that nightmares are made of:



Gave me a bit of a start in the small hours as I stumbled down the hallway for a wee.  Actually, I had a view from a hotel window once which was not unlike this......

For the crochet square swap,  (the very title of which caused Oliver much merriment and giggling) is up and a-running and here are my squares thus far:




The third one was a bugger I can tell you, and required assistance in the early stages. (thank you Kim). 

Finally got XBox live working - what a bloody hassle that turned out to be.  I'm sure it should be an easy process, and it's just me, but there was much swearing and fits of rage over that little debacle.  Also bought Just Dance 3 on Kinect - it's fabbo. I am still unbeaten, though Lordy knows how.  I am obviously just really good at hiding my worst errors and hitting the pertinent points at the right time, because, according to Oliver, I look more like I am 'having a fit' than auditioning for Pineapple Studios. In my minds eye I am a lithe and supple creature in slinky black with funky moves, but for the sake of reality, just picture the polar opposite.  And I ache all over.  Wonder if you can get a refund if you don't resemble Arlene Phillips after two days.

It reminds me of a time in the distant past that I popped into Tesco after a netball match one evening, all tight leggings, trainers and ponytail, bouncing along all skippy and fame-like, then I caught sight of myself in a full length mirror.  Blimey, the audibly shocked intake of breath had assistants running from all corners of the store to see what was wrong with the midget fat-arse in aisle 3. (yep, that was me, that was). 






1 comment: