Friday, 13 January 2012

If ever a wiz of a wiz there was.....

My friends, it has finally happened, I can't believe it.  Last night, against all the odds let me tell you, I won a game of scrabble. 

Yes, I know, it was a complete surprise to me too.  Things started off well, I opened with 'lately' and 'sagely', netting me pretty good scores, but then Mark laid down 'partings', using all of his seven letters and getting a 50 point bonus into the bargain.  I have to say I exercised some restraint in not reaching across the table and throttling him with my bare hands.  My prospects in finishing the game in a not filthy mood were starting to look a little bleak.  However - I rallied, and after what felt like many hours later, hunched tensely over a scrabble board - I sulkily slapped down 'wiz', using the last of my letters.  I strongly suspected it was not a valid word.  Even I believed 'wiz' should have an extra 'h' and 'z' in it.  But - lo!  It is a variation of 'whizz'!!!!  Me and the Oxford Dic are now friends again, and with the extra tiles Mark had left taken off of his score and added on to mine - I secured victory by a mere 5 points.  Oh there were scenes of jubilation, a national holiday was declared, and I had a splitting headache.  The tension is just too much for me.

And there is still the worrying issue of my recent spell of bad loser behaviour.  I literally got sent away to 'calm down' the other night after a shameful tantrum over Cluedo. And that was in front of Oliver!  I am such a bad parent sometimes.  I am deeply ashamed of that little episode.

That said, this is the sort of shit I have to put up with:



I shall overcome.  My victory platform:



1 comment:

  1. Yay, go you! So glad you are back on a winning streak again after your *ahem* little episode which is best forgotten. Forgive yourself though hunny, we all behave in ways we regret sometimes, it's part of life and our learning journey x

    ReplyDelete