Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Dirty Monday

I knew there would be disruption, I knew there would be dust.  Bugger me, there has been both in the last 24 hours.  I have come to realise that anything involving a kitchen is a nightmare.  I think even doing the bathroom and having to face the prospect of a piss in a bucket would be preferable to having no access to the kitchen sink or fridge.  I kid you not.  The kitchen is my domain and I feel cut adrift. 

But - stop the whining - here we are on day two and look how good the boy is doing:





Don't know how long I can keep fobbing the family off with fish and chips and pizza though.  I started work last night in my new (ultra busy) role.  I could feel myself glazing over at 8pm, and at 9pm we had a staff meeting.  9pm!!!!! I was thinking of going to bed at that point......

Anyhoo, at least there is one big fan of my crochet cushion.


Laters.

3 comments:

  1. He is doing well, just think it will be sooooo worth it in the end and you will be amazed just how long that dust can linger and where it can get to!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have two big fans of your cushion, I love it too and am determined to have a go at making something similar.
    Thanks for sharing the kitchen wall knock down in progress report. We have decided to do something similar here, knocking through to the dining room. Won't be for a while yet though as we are awaiting on the landlord (my brother) to pay for it - (read as in about 2 years time!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice.. you'll just love the difference it makes to the whole house!

    ReplyDelete