So now I have a weekend of starting a ripple, which I put off because I hate doing the first two rows, and re-doing all the squares I have already done. Poo holes.
Meantime, I shall cheer myself up with images of glorious babettes from ravelry.
![]() |
| by afterglow |
![]() |
| by nikkijo |
That'll learn me. Or not, I gloomily suspect.


They are gorgeous aren't they and the vibrant colours and the size variations make a real modern slant on something which can look a bit 'old school' .. and like you I almost always plough ahead and have to make amends later.. oh well.. tell Oliver, we never learn!
ReplyDeleteLOL oh this sounds so familar. Go buy one you know it makes sense.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your squares - I SO sympathise - this is the sort of thing that always happens to me. Usually when I am short of time and I think "I'll just have time to start that quickly... " and of course I haven't read the pattern correctly or the instructions and it all has to be undone. Most recently this happened to me over the Japanese flower scarf when I discovered that I had skim-read the pattern with disastrous effect and found each flower of the twenty I had done one too many petals to join them correctly! Only the thought of a friend who undid a WHOLE CARDIGAN kept me from abandoning ship pronto in disgust!! Don't give up - that Babette design is just to die for and yours will be every bit as wowy as those pics you've found on Ravelry. All the best feasts are worth waiting for including Babette's Blanket! Well done for starting the ripple - those pesky first few rows are always the worst! E x
ReplyDeleteHello, Kathi pointed me your way, very glad I am too :) I can make a chain so far lol. I have made a new year resolution to learn how to make small pieces of crotchet to use on my paper layouts. So far, just the chain, but I will get on with it and I will use your beautiful blog as inspiration :) Jen xx
ReplyDeleteThank you Jen, that's really nice of you. I couldn't crochet at all this time last year - but really wanted to learn. I am sooo glad I bothered. Use You Tube - it's the best by far to get started. x
Delete