Friday, 20 April 2012

square eyes

I couldn't quite work out how to start the babette squares, think it uses that 'magic ring' idea, and I struggle to follow it written down.  So I decided that following the 'target square' pattern was near enough, and have knocked out these so far:



AND I am sewing in ends as I go.  And feeling pretty pleased with myself about it too.

I must start the ripple for my niece this weekend, procrastination is the enemy of progress ya di ya...

This pretty rainbow in stormy skies this morning:



And this shower of hail five minutes ago.



Bonkers.  Talking of global warming (we were, weren't we?) I watched the programme Four Rooms where one of the items up for offers was a pair of woolly mammoth tusks.  I found this soooo interesting for a few reasons, but mainly,  firstly - bloody hell - they are so OLD!!!!!! Like zillions of years - wow.  Secondly,  the fact that they apparently are becoming more readily available due to global warming, so are being released from their permafrost prison.  Fascinating, and scary.  If you have never watched Four Rooms, you should.  It is an eye-opening glimpse into the nature of human greed.

Nada mas.

2 comments:

  1. How creative have you been! I love the variations in colours and patterns and used some as examples for Kate when she was thinking of doing some patchwork thing for Textiles.
    Thanks for your comments on my side, you know we all appreciate aspects of others lives .. I once thought long and hard about home-ed, then the three became 5, but I still think if the idea fondly.. and you're actually doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Those are fab, gosh you work quickly :0) x

    ReplyDelete