Wednesday, 11 April 2012

I bloody knew it


Told you that buying garden furniture would cause the rain to fall from the skies.  Since the photo I took on the afternoon we bought it, it has not been warm enough to take the covers off!  I rest my case.

Nice rainbow though.  Can't even begin to describe the complete knob I looked standing out on the decking in the rain this morning in my pjs and proper shoes to take these pics.



Here is my chunky scarf - finished, apart from tassel trimming:



Sorry about the dodgy looking model.

Got some new yarn, quelle excitement.  I was lying in wait for the postman yesterday - obvs no post over Easter, and I really wanted this to arrive.  He was a little surprised as I leapt from the kitchen doorway and virtually pounced on him.  He muttered something about good timing and then tried to make good his escape.  I ruined that for him by calling after him in a plaintive voice: 'I've missed you...'.  No, I am not joking. It was really embarrassing.  After I closed the door I found Oliver stood behind me in stunned silence, plainly sharing my humiliation. 

Now, what to say about Easter.  Hmmm.  It passed in the steady state of acrimony that most enforced family holidays usually generate.  Our fed-up-ness with each other mooching around the house largely stems from the fact that Oliver and I are together pretty much all of the time anyhow, so during holidays he seems to carry round the expectation that Mark and I should be doing something to entertain him.  Feeling the weight of this expectation, Mark and I usually end up circling each other snarling like caged tigers, each feeling a growing rage and frustration that the second we leave the house we will be further pissed off by being swamped by hoardes of other hacked off families and their Easter egg sugar-fuelled offspring.   It is fair to say I f****** hate bank holidays.  Apart from Christmas.  I can forgive all at Christmas.  And that's because people all tend to stay safely within their own homes ha ha.

Er, that's it.

5 comments:

  1. Wot you on abaht, luv! (OK, I'll stop - just CAN'T do cockney!) Weather was gorgeous today, and yesterday was good too - just a few April showers.....
    Can't share your problem with looking for entertainment for youngest over Easter holidays - had enough fledglings brought home by my not-quite fledged-lings to keep Vanessa amused for HOURS!! Have to keep the bread bin stocked up though - teenagers get through TONS!! Still, ended up with a gorgeous bar of LUSH soap from the two lads that visited from Guildford. Kim. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Should have asked this first - what's the new yarn!?
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly - second time I've tried to post this little comment..... what's the new wool? Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey - careful Kim, you are approaching stalker status with 3 comments on one post haaaa haaaa. My new yarn is just ye olde stylecraft, what makes it so exciting is that I can start my shiny new WIP with it.......

    ReplyDelete