Sunday, 16 September 2012

just a little update

The macaroni cheese was vile, in my opinion.  I suspect I ballsed up the sauce making, because it was fuzzy.  Oliver hates fuzzy stuff (he won't eat blended soups for this reason).  Oliver's friend seemed to like it though, so the poor bugger got dispatched home with the leftovers on Saturday night ha ha.  His Mum texted me today to say it was lovely and her kids wolfed it back.  There is no accounting for taste. 

The golf competition was a disaster.  Seemingly there was a disagreement over green fees and to cut a long story (thankfully) shorter - they didn't take part in the competition.  They ended up playing a round with my parents at 'their' golf course, which is posher, and apparently Oliver played a blinder.  Always nice when your kid impresses your parents.  There is some kind of 'wrong' pleasure in basking in the vicarious glory.... 

And I had a shitty shift at work all day today and have sent a strongly worded email to the department manager which she will pick up in the morning.  It started off with  'whilst I appreciate the difficulty you have with...' which is invariably followed by 'however I think it unacceptable that......' Gulp.

I stopped off at Tesco on the way home to buy a bottle of wine.  Because the half bottle I have in the fridge suddenly did not seem nearly enough.

Still, Downton Abbey tonight. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sounds like you need that wine. Enjoy and relax. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by what you mean by "fuzzy" - do you mean the sauce was too smooth or it had curdled or what? Do tell! Sorry about the golf and your awful shift at work. There are times when enough is not enough in the wine department! Hope your email got action of the right sort and that your day today has been rather better. E x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do things always happen in a pile, never spaced out so each day is nice and balanced, or maybe it is us, the way we approach different days.. mmmm x

    ReplyDelete