My mobile phone contract is coming to an end in December. This is a contract I took out two years ago because a) I needed a phone and b) it conveniently came with a free Xbox. And I use the term 'free' very loosely there.
The Xbox is ace, and has usefully become our DVD player too, but the phone I have is from a bygone era. It has no camera or internet access and just does what a phone was originally invented for. (plus texting obvs). Up until now, that has been enough for me, happy in my little world of the snarky text. But now I have a sneaking suspicion I am getting left behind. Apps and these things # (don't really know what they are) are the buzz words and I am feeling old.
Soooooo, I went onto that
Yes, I realise that, BUT WRITING IN CAPITALS DOES NOT MAKE YOUR REPLY ANY CLEARER TO ME.
and ended the conversation. On the feedback form which popped up I wrote that writing an answer in capitals for extra clarity was an insult to their literate customers. I guess it may have had more impact if I had started off with 'fyi' and ended with 'iykwim'. I fear for our future.
And I still have no upgrade. AND (for emphasis, not clarity) I have just realised after nearly two years that they have been charging me to receive texts!! Cheeky beggers. (That word is not beggers in my mind). No wonder my bill steadily creeps over the 'fixed' (fixed my arse) £25 per month.
And breeeeathhhe.
I am afraid all these phone contracts are a bit of a closed book to me also. They seem to say one thing to begin with and then the goal posts seem to change for no apparent reason. And the small print which is where the real money seems to get made is difficult to get to grips with until too late! Happy phone hunting! E x
ReplyDelete