Thursday, 8 December 2011

Dec 6th and the forecast for the 7th is looking a bit like this....

poorly.  Well, I am a little under the weather, Oliver is actually ill.  He is using his inhalers more than usual with a cough, and he has a temperature.  I was saying a couple of days ago how school kids tend to be kept off of school and kept in when they are ill, but home ed kids tend to keep up as many activities/clubs as possible.  I think that I should have clamped down this time last week when he first showed signs of breathing problems, and then he may not have got worse and be missing as much as he is now.  So far due to illness in the last 7 days,  he has missed: swimming,  judo, evening Christmas shopping,  a judo fun course, cubs, athletics, the weekly home ed group, and pokemon club.  Think our planned trip to Otter Nurseries today will have to be postponed, so another day of Masterchef, Christmas DVDs and trying to feel Christmassy beckons.

Change of subject; I can't get the bloody temperature in this house to a comfortable medium, it's either like the tropics and I am stamping around ripping off layers of jumpers screeching about how hot it is, or sat shivering under a blanket moaning about how I chilly I feel.  Ungrateful cow.  Still, I now have a full day to take a (not very long as our house is so tiny) tour of the rads and work out what bloody number they need to be on so I don't blow a fuse at 11am and change into my bikini.  (not pretty).

Another change of subject: I finally coughed up for an electric toothbrush - an Oral B no less.  (It was half price).  I thought it would help Oliver in his quest to clean his back teeth better.  The reality is that I am a bit afraid of it.  I think my first go has rattled all my fillings loose and dislodged a few (more) of my brain cells.  The miracles of modern living.  Tonight I'm going to use a piece of pigskin and oil of cloves instead.

I shall leave you with a few festive snaps, and hopefully will get around to photographing my journal pages thus far to share tomorrow.  Au revoir.






Christmas tuna.  If looks could kill and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment