Tuesday, 13 December 2011

I'm in pretty good shape....

...apparently.  That's what my osteopath told me yesterday in amongst poking, prodding, pulling and massaging sore bits.  Very.  Hard.  Anyhoo, this chappie was probably just about old enough to be out without parental supervision (noticing this more and more as time goes by) and it seems,  after his examination (heh heh heh), there is nothing seriously wrong - muscles overworking and tightening due to coughing mostly, I gather.  Seemingly my joints are a little 'over flexible' so the muscles are taking some of the work the ligaments should be doing.  Or something like that, I got a little confused.  Probably due to the fact I spent half the session gabbling apologies about the state of my man-legs, ie the hairy-ness of them as I can't be doing with regular leg-shaving in the winter.  Once my back started to hurt I then couldn't shave them because I couldn't stretch down that far.  Oh the vicious circles one finds oneself trapped within....
Christmas-wise, I did a bit of wrapping last night - Christmas ra-ra-ra rapping.  Ha ha.  I have nothing for Mark yet.  The difficulty in buying gifts for Mark is unspeakably - difficult.  So we won't speak of it. 

Here is my Christmas journal thus far:














The crappy A5 folder is working very well for me - think this format will do the job really well for future pic-journals.

We are supposed to be heading off to Babbacombe later today, for the Winter Wonderland experience, which we do every year, but the weather is a bit of a shocker.  It's as black as yer 'at out there, and the rain is lashing the windows as I write - but I want to go before the schoolshitskids break up on Friday, so we have the place virtually to ourselves, as in previous years.  So lucky.  This was the vista from ours earlier:

Pretty, huh?

Laters.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, you don't know me but I have come via Kathi Jones - just had to post and say glad the osteo says you are in good form and your blog brightens my day. Hope the winterland experience was good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Nice to 'meet' you! Weird, because I took a trip over to your blog after reading Kathi's the other night - I will be returning for a more leisurely browse!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, just back in Blighty and loving the catch up.. good job you and Karen have 'met', you've both been prolific this month... and she did actually come to the w/e at Cape Cornwall so long ago... time you came this way again and we had a coffee?
    PS osteopaths / doctors / policemen, all getting younger... sign of our age for sure xxxx

    ReplyDelete