Sunday, 22 January 2012

Calm before the storm

My cushion is finished, and I am still a little dubious about it, but the faint glow of satisfaction that appeared with a finished project under my belt is still wafting around.




Tomorrow this wall is coming down:


It is the connecting wall between the kitchen and the dining room (which was the living room up until just before Christmas). 


Kitchen side:



There will be a lot of dust and bad temper flying around.  But I suppose at least the dust can be dealt with by a slap around with a damp cloth.  But the end result will be oh so worth it.  I will have the open kitchen/diner I have always yearned for.  When Oliver is at the table 'doing stuff' I will not have to leave the room to do 'kitchen stuff' - we will have a relaxed, family environment to live in.  Or else.

I got in on the crochet square swap, so watch this space....

2 comments:

  1. Yeah it will be worth it when done. Cushion looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. V. exciting!! If you and Oliver need some dust-free time, don't hesitate to come round. Also v. proud of you for yet ANOTHER finished crochet thang. (I can never get that sort of language to sound right - even when I write it down!)
    Kim.

    ReplyDelete