Wednesday, 18 January 2012
Do I like this?
The jury is out. I think I do, I feel a bit chuffed I can just start a project like this and roll with it. AND it's done 'properly', none of that usual skim reading and missing bits out that I don't like. I have not really been a fan of the crochet cushion - it all seems a bit pointless, but I quite like the look of this and I do really enjoy the thrill of the chase with crochet, so I will be finishing this. I even went out and bought a cushion innard, so it's all looking a bit rosy here at crochetmylife.com.
Mark remarked that it was 'bloody horrible', which is a teensy bit harsh I feel, but I think his revulsion stems from his fear that he will be seen by his friends in the presence of The Cushion, and by default the next step will be a Cosy Slipper. When he came out with this tripe I threw my head back and guffawed. The thought that one of his friends should suddenly appear, at the living room door unannounced at gone 10pm and mock The Cushion just made me lol. Quite literally.
An update on the HE schedule - well, I am stunned to report that in terms of sometimes grating, sometimes gliding - boy, we are a-gliding. Things are really Getting. Done. Oliver is upbeat and keen, and it's gone on for over a week. Unheard of, and a joy to behold. We have tons more time available somehow by just following a light timetable, and learning together is an absolute treat when it's like this.
Got a meeting at work today, to discuss a back to work role/shift pattern. I am positive about this, although a little suspicious that I am being fobbed off. It's the fact that I know they are breathing a sigh of relief that the 'problem' of me will be temporarily dealt with which grates on me - because I think they think I don't know. Well I do. So there.
In my suddenly free oodles of time I have first thing in the morning, I have been blog-hopping and ooh, what joys I have discovered. I came across this pattern for a little felt scottie dog, which appeals to my sense of rustic crafty easy-make desires. I think Oliver will like this too.
And this blog has a swap!!! I do love a good swap. Best of all, this has a real point to it as you will end up with the makings of a unique blanket, assembly only required! (it's a crochet square swap if you can't be arsed to follow the link!) I have emailed the host(ess?) and await her reply with bated breath.
I am very keen on this monthly make for 2012 too, and although we have passed the halfway mark in January, I reckon I can count my cushion in this month, as it will be finished in time. Still mulling this one over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Janice
ReplyDeleteI fell upon someone who is doing Project Life and wondered what became of your plan? As for me, still doing monthly scrapping but hard to allocate the time in between..! K