Sunday, 22 April 2012

and we're off

With a little time in hand before lunch today,  and accompanied by Mr Nice Bloke Peter Andre on catch up, I started the ripple for Daisy.  It went beautifully.  Following Mrs Attic24's neat ripple pattern, There were no errors in counting (unheard of) and the first 3 rows are complete, and dare I say it, perfect.



By my standards, anyhow.  Had a bit of a moment when I was suddenly seized by the horror that I had used my Stylecraft 'life' wool instead of the 'special'.  The palpitations were very real, my friends. 

Spent the afternoon poncing around in town, where Oliver attended the St Georges Day parade and Cathedral service.  I am normally against these things in principle, being that they are on a Sunday, a family day, but this time I insisted (despite the fact I feel it is barbaric they can't wear coats in the rain and have to resort to bin liners beneath the uniform),  he go along for several reasons.  Firstly, because he is a sixer this time, and should, I think (and so does Mark), lead by example.  Secondly, because this is his last year in cubs and as he is one of the older ones he will be looked up to by the younger ones.  Thirdly, because it looks good to his leaders, that he is prepared to make the effort.  Fourthly, because I strongly believe there is something to be said for this sort of thing instilling a sense of patriotism and 'belonging', which, in turn, leads to a sense of self-worth and camaraderie.  Fifthly, it is the only time I could ever get Mark into town and into a posh coffee shop for a decent coffee, as it's the only place open after 4.30pm.  I nicked a posh coffee cup and saucer.  Ssshh, that is really naughty, don't tell anyone. 

I leave you with a pic of my boy parading the High Street, and Mark petting the cat under the guise of working on the garage. 




Laters.

2 comments:

  1. Love the purple and black together and looking good so far. Oliver looks very smart in his uniform, as for Mark thing it is a man thing, they always find an excuse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you two! I think we realised the connection last year.. awhh, and one of the photo prompt ladies married in Penzance like us so its amazing the coincidences we create.. hope oyu have a nice eving.. lots of chocolates here!
    And Oliver looks so grown up..x

    ReplyDelete