Indulged in a spot of this lately:
Cannot even begin to think how many calories are in these - there is a blob of nutella nestling inside each cake too..... very, very, super sweet cakes, but have that lovely, chocolatey-ness that lies thick in the throat, if you know what I mean.... Bit unsure about the turd-like appearance of the icing too, but I'll forgive myself ha ha.
Went to a massive warehouse-type antique place yesterday in the quest for something pretty (preferably a milk jug as I like the look of them) for my dresser. I came away with this:
It was cheap (£3) and I like the shape and the 1940/50's look of it. I think it is a creamer rather than a milk jug because of it's size. It's harder to browse for something indefinable that you 'like' rather than having something more specific in mind. After 3 floors of 'stuff' I felt quite dizzy, and unsure about what I actually did like. Thankfully I had found my little juggy on the second floor halfway round, or I could have been quite swamped by it all.
Whilst Oliver is at golf today, I must go down to the allotment and do 'something' with it. I think this will consist of ridding the plot of a covering of bindweed which, the allotment manager tells me, has reached such proportions that if we don't deal with it, a contractor must come in and spray it to prevent the spread of the 'noxious weed'. He made it sound like Day Of The Triffids. I am quite tempted by the whole 'getting a contractor in' idea, but Mark says we will get charged for it. I am still tempted. Sigh. I will at least have to GO there and check it out. Something to look forward to. NOT.
I just got interrupted by a man delivering tiles. He couldn't manoeuvre his lorry down our narrow lane so I have just had to go up to the top of the road in my pyjamas, bed hair and scary morning-face, to move my car for him to leave the tiles in my space. Hells teeth. I like to think I'm a modern-day sort of gal but even I draw the line at standing in the street chatting to delivery men in my PJs.
Ahhh I have visions of cherie Blair-esque typw feel about this.. lovely cake and buns... ohhh the allotment work... urghhh!
ReplyDeleteDear Janice your witty writing does make me laugh - if ever I feel down I know i can come and read here and chuckle and feel better! Those cakes - yummy, yummy yummy - forget what they remind you of - they look fabulous as I bet they tasted! Are the tiles yours? I would jib at having to come out in my PJs and move my car for anyone else's tiles! As far as the allotment is concerned you brave it out, girl and don't be intimidated by men threatening contractors. Have a sneak peek and estimate whether it's a manageable chore or one you'd be darn grateful for a man with a strimmer and a van to sort even for a price would be my approach! Life is too short to do battle with bindweed that isn't ready to surrender easily! And thinking back to your pics earlier in the year I wonder if the allotment manager isn't exaggerating a tad but may be the rain has caused the weeds to go berserk. Thank you so much for your comment on my post yesterday - you underestimate your calligraphy skills - your writing both calligraphic and uncalligraphic is absolutely beautiful as is what you made for me. E xx
ReplyDelete