Friday, 3 August 2012
MQ#3 Exmouth
A big success this one. I was expecting far less from Oliver this time and it paid off big time. This is a small museum and pretty much what I expected in terms of content, but he loved it. When Mark asked him what he thought of it later on in the evening, the answer 'it was brilliant, the best one yet', which took Mark aback somewhat. It is small, charming and staffed with very enthusiastic volunteers. There are things to engage youngsters such as find the cats:
cup and ball
back to school (ha ha)
a change from the computer
and things of interest:
Oliver asked for his notebook and voluntarily went off to do this:
which is this:
It might not seem much, but it is a lot for him, and his smiling face and 'I really enjoyed that' on the way out has lifted me enormously. Ahhh, home ed. When it works. It so works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Ahh and in your own time at his own pace , no herding, no trooping of the class.. sounds lovely! Parenthood is the same.. when it works it so works.. xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat an intriguing museum - I think this looks a lot of fun and I'm not surprised Oliver enjoyed it so much - lots of different forms of history presented in what looks like a great hands on way. Well done you for persevering with your museum tour. I still think this is a fab idea and a lovely way of spending holiday time with a constructive bent. Can't wait to see your post on the next instalment! E x
ReplyDelete