Tra la la. This was in one of the songs from my all time favourite musical Christmas film - Scrooge., which Oliver and I watched yesterday. Yeah, yeah, I know there are loads of versions of A Christmas Carol, but this is my personal favourite. It's all snowy, and Christmassy, and Dickensian, and full of heart-lifting songs - especially at the end when he repents and throws money and joy all around the place. And I cry at the end every year. Ahh, such happ-i-ness.
Talking of heart-lifting, I have a CD of Christmas Carols in the car this year sung by a proper choir and all, and it is so lovely to have it up loud and drive about to the melodic strains of Nowell Nowell.... I feel very uplifted and joyful and feel bathed in smiley-ness. Hosannah in excelsis indeed.
Have spent the last 5 days in the depths of the countryside (well, on the outskirts of the big smoke anyway ha ha) baby/house sitting my mother-in-law whilst Kim et famille decamped to the other side of the family in Essex. It was a nice break - a change really can be as good as a rest, and Kim has a really big kitchen and cooker, so it was very stress-free from my point of view to cook meals and 'be' in the heart of the home. This is why I want our kitchen/dining room knocked through. However, her cutlery drawer is annoyingly located at the opposite end to the kitchen sink and cooker, and this caused many an expletive and a stamp across the room, so Kim - move your spoons. Ha ha, she'll have something to say about that for sure....
Some pics of life there, hope Kim won't mind me sharing a pic of her lovely tree.....
And if I had a flag I'd hang me flag out.....
God bless us, every one.




Happy Christmas Janice.. and yes, a change is as good as a rest.. I think that's why some people holiday weekend in the next village..xx
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas Janice xxxxx
ReplyDelete