Monday, 30 January 2012

back in the saddle again

Well, it's been a week, I have access to the kitchen, and look where we are:


This is an amazing amount of space for me compared to what I had.

Look at my lovely long, clear work surface.



And my sexy under-the-cupboard lights.


And here is where Mark can put his crap when he comes in, so no more tripping over shoes and rucksacks.  Oh joy is mine.


He really has done an incredible amount of work in just seven days.  Taking down a whole wall, securing a supporting beam in its place, bricking up a doorway, plastering to cover all the yuck bits and both sides of the bricked up door, putting in new worktops and cupboards, installing lights, installing the cooker hood, and on and on.... I'm very proud of him and the way he applies himself. 

The less said about this end, the better tee hee.

3 comments:

  1. What great progress! Give the guy a medal.. or prize of your choice.. great to know you're getting there Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah that is really looking good, bet you are very excited, I would be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooohooo, looking good! I'm looking forward to all the culinary delights that you will be sharing with us whilst the novelty of space is at a premium :)

    ReplyDelete