Thursday, 1 December 2011

And we're off!

8.35am

December the 1st.  No day in all the year yields such promise of joy to come.  Today is the day that Christmas - the season of goodwill to all men and twinkliness - begins.  I just want to hug myself with glee.  Well, I would if I didn't have an early trip to the dentist to look forward to.  I hate going to the dentist, always have.  I have tried, with some degree of success I might add, not to pass on my unadulterated terror of the man in the white coat to Oliver, so check ups are always an exercise in deep breathing and inane smiling and using my tight, high pitched voice I reserve for such bottom-clenching occasions.

Have decided to put the time up that I am blogging, since I have clearly got something wrong with my settings as it appears I blog at weird times like 3am and suchlike (I so don't).  I am sure putting it right is easy, I just haven't arsed myself to try yet.  It's on the list with getting photos onto my blog. 

This morning Oliver has eaten his first advent choc - a proper choc from a proper wooden advent box, I might add, not a shite one from a shite calendar with a shite picture on it.  I apologise if you have a particular leaning towards the shite choc calendar - each to their own and all that.  I just have a hankering for the advent days of auld, when each day revealed a glittery illustration of Yule in some form, not a chemical and sugar injected brown lump of pseudo choc.  (sorry again).  So Oliver still has a colouring from Activity Village to do (thanks Corinna and Julia - not a sarcastic thanks by the way!) and a little piccy from his standy-up advent window to do.  Poor little bugger will be worn out by Christmas before 9am on the first day ha ha! 

My Christmas journal officially begins today - I have had a couple of false starts and last night saw me flying up to Tesco gripped by panic that I had no actual 'journal' set up to actually 'start' with today.  I have since got a hold of myself and ordered a clear plastic A5 ringbinder from ebay for £2.99 which will, WILL do the job perfectly.  So I can get on with it, unhampered by making covers and the usual poncing around.  In Janice World (it's a confusing place to be) it looks a bit like Ali Edwards' December Daily.  In the Real World (a scary place to be) it will probably look more like Elmo's jotter from Sesame Street.

Anyhoo, off to have my gnashers inspected.  Gulp.

Edited to add: I have just popped in to Blogger and looked at my settings.  Seems I was set onto Central Pacific time on some island in the caribbean or somewhere.  Back to jolly old GMT in London now.  Tootle pip.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm behind with the journal already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it wasnt too painful at the dentist :-)

    ReplyDelete